15 Years

I know, you're thinking "no way she's been married 15 years! what, did she get married when she was 12???" And the answer is "yes. yes I did get married when I was 12."

engagement picture
(cut me some slack, it was 1993. You matched in pictures - it was just what you did)


15 years ago tonight, (my wedding eve), I was anxiously anticipating going through the temple the next morning to be sealed for time and eternity to my soul-mate John. We were going to live happily ever after, and life would be magical and romantic.

Little did I know that the reality of the day was getting up at some unholy hour to get to the hair dresser for my hideous up-do, so that we could be to the temple 1 1/2 hours before the ceremony, because no one told me that you didn't HAVE to schedule the ceremony for 1st thing in the morning... but whatever... Getting into and maneuvering in a cathedral train sized gown (triple bustled, by the way) was no mean feat! I probably lost 5 pounds that day just walking around in it.

Siblings have since told me that pictures were MISERABLE and freezing, but I was warmed by my haze of love, and didn't feel a thing. Our talented photographer's idea of being creative was to say "okay, now look at each other,*snap*, good, now kiss, *snap*, good..." Oh well, they came with the reception place...

After a casual wedding lunch, we dropped our stuff off at the hotel and got ready for the reception at the McCune Mansion. It was beautiful and still decorated for Christmas, so we kept it simple with a red, black and white color scheme. We had a small line, and some dancing with some talented friends providing the music, cut the cake, and off we went taken to the hotel in a horse drawn carriage! Too romantic!

No honeymoon for us, just a night at the hotel, and then to our new apartment to ring in the new year as any newly married couple would : pulling out the hide-a-bed and playing nintendo all night long... Good times, good times!

As much as I thought I was in love with John then, I didn't have a clue. I was playing at being in love, and grown up, and wasn't it so wonderful... But I love him so much more now than I ever could have imagined then, and I am so grateful to be his wife, and to have such an amazing family together. Truly one of the greatest miracles and blessings in my life is this man. And these past 15 years have been a greater adventure than I could have ever dreamed of. Thanks baby!

mmmwwwaaah!

Comments

pan x 8 said…
Girl, you know we thought we were totally hot back then! And we are just as.. right now!! You guys are beautiful and WOW 15 years! You guys are so great together and have always been a "fun" couple to be! Charlie was tripping over how young John looked back then, as if we were born the way we look right now, right?? hehehe Love you!
Cindy said…
Happy Anniversary....from one crazy December wedding planner to another....WHAT WERE WE THINKING? Somehow we survived and can even celebrate amongst Christmas and New Years parties....throw in Jay's birthday and you know why he has to buy at least a couple of his own gifts.
Emily K. said…
I still love that jeans picture. You totally look the same as then, you just dress way cooler now:)
Way to melt my heart, happy anniversary.
pan x 8 said…
Happy Happy Anniversary today!!!
Alysha said…
Happy Anniversary! That is such a great picture of you two at the temple.
Liz said…
The puffy veil and sleeves are killing me!! Happy Anniversary, 15 years is a long time!
Oh! Rod and i were totally way ahead of you in the matching clothes for the engagement picture thing...we *just* coordinated. gasp!!

Have a Happy Day!!
Rebekah said…
You post more often than I check, so I missed this post!(Your engagement and wedding pictures)
You two are so cute and I love the whole matching jeans outfits thing! Totally cool!