**Warning - this post is about the Twilight movie


Ok. So.

I went and saw Twilight last night with John's family.


I'm actually a little embarrassed by this little tidbit. Those who saw me in action at the Book Club Twilight party were convinced that I'm a Twilight fanatic. I'm not. I just re-read my books because I'm bored. Yes, I got most of the quotes right, but it's not because I'm obsessed. I promise! In fact, the more I read the books, the more irritated I became with them. But John's mom really wanted us to go with her to see this movie, so I did. Reluctantly.

I was NOT excited to see this movie mainly because of what I had seen of the cast. HELLO... These people were not beautiful and other-worldly...! And before you ask, no, I don't know who I would have cast instead - but in certain cases, they REALLY missed the mark.

To be fair, the majority of the movie was okay. It really didn't bug me or even seriously disappoint. BUT - here are my main gripes:
1- JASPER. What was with that guy??? He can only show discomfort about being around humans by having obnoxiously wide eyes? Not only was he NOT hot in any sense of the word, but ugh... the hair, the eyes, the pancake makeup!!! come on!
2- the special effects. Certain effects left a LOT to be desired. Really. If it doesn't look good, why not leave it out? There's got to be other ways to demonstrate how fast he can run! (& climb trees, but whatever.)


Ok. I think that I'm losing steam on my little post. Honestly I sound like some disgruntled Uber-fan/twilight mom and I'm not. Oh well. So, thus ends my stint as a self-proclaimed movie critic. Overall, I give this movie 2 1/2 out of 5 stars. It's fine, and fairly true to the book, but the acting and casting left a little to be desired for me.

If you disagree, that's great! I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you haven't seen the movie yet, go. Enjoy!

1) It's a holiday week!
2) great in-laws
3) tolerant friends who will forgive this lame post




Comments

Emily K. said…
I had NO idea you'd even read Twilight! I'm going Sat. w/ some girlfriends with very little expectation. Thanks for the heads-up.
Linds said…
I liked it, but I too thought the special effects were REE diculous. Jasper seemed to bug a lot of people but I didn't mind him. I thought Rosalie was the ugliest of them all and FAT. At least for "perfect" vampires who supposedly don't eat. N-E-way. And where were all the kissing scenes? Seriously, at least one more....
Liz said…
Yeah....I agree about the kissing scenes. I thought Jasper was there for comic relief, and he was ugly. I REALLY liked the movie, though if you didn't like or read the books, you would probably be really bored. Edward got better looking to me as the movie went on. He was irresistable at the end. I thought the sparkle thing was really poorly done. And Carlisle was wierd looking.
Alysha said…
I never read the books, but did go see the movie. I have to say that I was rather intrigued. I do think that it was better that I didn't have any expectations going into the movie. I agree with Liz about Edward getting hotter as the movie went on. I kinda have a crush on the guy. I actually thought that Jasper was funny and Edward climbing trees like Spider Man was a bit odd. Overall...I thought it was pretty good and wouldn't mind seeing it again. Also, what is with the whole sparkle in the sun thing? Aren't Vampires supposed to burn up in the sun? Sorry for the long comment. ;)
Rebekah said…
you are soo funny! I havn't seen the movie yet, but I have to admit I am excited. LOL It was great seeing you girls at the race!