Regrets

I'm sitting here at my computer checking blogs, and my cute Sophie starts singing in the hall "got ta go potty, got ta go potty" and into the bathroom she goes.

She prepares herself to sit on the toilet and starts in on another song.
"I'll pull down yowr undawaya"

Yeah, we probably shouldn't have taught her the Trick or Treat Song.
And for those not familiar with the little ditty, it goes a little something like this:

trick or treat, smell my feet
give me something good to eat.
if you don't, I don't care.
I'll pull down your underwear.

(my bro in law swears he's never heard that version of the song, but I grew up with it)
We taught it to Sophie because my little sister taught it to HER daughter, and we thought it was too funny.

Now all I can think about is when Sophie's nursery leaders take her to the bathroom they get to hear her singing this song. They must wonder about us! She sings it EVERY time she goes potty, or changes her underwear - and when she was wearing a pull up to bed, she changed the words to

"I'll pull down yowr po-up!"

Love that girl.

Comments

Liz said…
Yeah, well we all have those magic moments! My mother in law bought Ethan a Captain Underpants book for his birthday and it came with a bonus CD. The favorite song was, of cours, called, "Oops, I farted" and it is sung in a baby-ish voice over and over again. My neices and nephews were over the night we got it and they now sing it at their house. yes, I'm *that* relative.