Grateful

So, with it being November and all, I thought I'd try to include on every post from here on out a brief list of 3 things I'm grateful for that day. Usually it will just be a quick add on at the end of whatever post, but today it will be my focus.

1) Today, I am grateful that I have such an amazing support system in my life. A husband who loves me and tells me constantly how beautiful/amazing I am (regardless of how many times I say "thanks" while rolling my eyes).

Sisters who love and encourage me to keep trying, and reassure me that I'm not a horrible mother.

A mom who is the foundation of my testimony, and an example of never settling for anything less than what you are capable of (not that I don't continually settle, but whatever).

A dad who is the most generous and quietly serving man I know. He is truly the epitome of a Christ-like life, (not that he's perfect, but he personifies so many of the characteristics of the Savior - loving, serving, giving, non-judging, forgiving... I could go on... I guess I did). Plus, he's super handsome!

Amazing friends who encourage, cheer, advise, sympathize, & cry with me. They keep me sane when the rest of my life is driving me crazy. Girls Night, anyone?

All of these people in my life help make me realize that we all have different gifts and abilities, and we all have our own set of challenges. They reaffirm to me the existence of a loving Heavenly Father who knows us all better than we know ourselves. He knows what is best for me and that my trials and struggles only serve to make me stronger and better able to be a support for those who help support me. What an amazing gift, and how grateful I am!

2) I am grateful for breathtakingly beautiful fall weather (over too soon)
3) I am grateful for kids who
got along almost the WHOLE day!


Comments

Liz said…
You should be especially grateful for that one cousin of yours who lives in the middle of BFE, I hear she is AWESOME! LOL!
Emily K. said…
You are so amazing. Thank you for cheering me on, you have no idea how helpful you are.
I love looking around at all the many things I have to be grateful for. More often than not the little things go over looked. I am thankful for you and your supportive friendship. (I could ditch book group this Thurs. for a late girls night, what do you think :) )