35 days

Till Christmas!

I have to say, I'm getting excited.
I have no idea why. I have no idea how we're paying for it.
But I'm excited!







I turn the radio to KOSY.
I'm this close to getting my __days to Christmas sign out.
I'm looking forward to snow (on the condition that it leaves again by Valentine's Day).
I'm teaching Sophie "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells".

I'm eagerly waiting for the day after Thanksgiving so that I can put up the decorations...

I think it's because most of all, I'm looking forward to those
snatches of magical times that only happen around Christmas.

We all need a little magic in our lives right now.



1) visits from out of town family
2) good friends for my kids
3) our health

The story behind the picture is really funny. Some of you will already get it. Long story short, the Christmas BEFORE this picture, Bryson, Meg, & Max had woken up at 4am, and gone in and opened EVERY single present. We missed it ALL. Ahh... Magic.


Comments

Liz said…
OK, I am dying at the 4am Christmas morning, that is truly hysterical!! I am really excited for Christmas and all the decorations and music and feelings, too. Rod and I are trying to figure out a budget and I can't figure out how it adds up so fast. It sucks.
A coupke of cheap ideas that I am doing...I am making pillowcases for my neices and nephews and then sending them a book to go with them. Last year I made jammy pants for all my kids and they love them. Both of these I used inexpensive fabric and it was really easy. I'm not a sewer and I pulled it off.
Linds said…
too funny. Love the sign. I'm sooo sooo excited for Christmas...such a magical time for sure.