So, is it really pathetic that today when Max went to school & he said he was ready to be dropped off, that I let him go... but then secretly drove back around and parked, just to make sure he got in the right line? Yeah, that's pretty pathetic. I'm glad I didn't do that. I almost did that. I drove back and forth on the road by the school, debating about turning in to the parking lot, but I was strong. I literally had to tell myself out loud that "he'll be fine, he'll be fine!" I'm such a baby.
I don't know what it is about Max that makes me so protective! Actually I do, but shouldn't I be over it? Yes, he had a rough start, and yes, he is a little behind in alot of ways... But I just want him to be accepted. I want kids to be nice to him, and I want his teachers to help him and be patient with him. There have just been too many times when friends get impatient or condescending to him... it breaks my heart. Luckily, he still doesn't quite get it when they are acting that way, but I get it. And I hate it. My greatest desire for him is that he feels accepted by and equal to his peers.
Sophie, by the way is ready to get "dropped off" at school too. Too bad she still has 3 years till kindergarten!!
I don't know what it is about Max that makes me so protective! Actually I do, but shouldn't I be over it? Yes, he had a rough start, and yes, he is a little behind in alot of ways... But I just want him to be accepted. I want kids to be nice to him, and I want his teachers to help him and be patient with him. There have just been too many times when friends get impatient or condescending to him... it breaks my heart. Luckily, he still doesn't quite get it when they are acting that way, but I get it. And I hate it. My greatest desire for him is that he feels accepted by and equal to his peers.
Sophie, by the way is ready to get "dropped off" at school too. Too bad she still has 3 years till kindergarten!!
Comments