We just got back last night from a quick trip to the cabin. John had to go to the boy scout camp at Tomahawk, so we went along for the ride. He dropped us off Thursday afternoon, and came back last night to get us. Sophie was a monster going to bed, so I didn't want to stay up last night (especially because we'll be up late tonight for the fireworks at Draper Days). So we packed up and headed home.
We had a really fun time though. We rode the 4 wheelers, and walked down to the creeks. We ended up walking through the creeks to the main road and walked back up to the cabin. Sophie walked the whole way! I was so impressed! Actually, I was impressed that they ALL walked the whole way without complaining! It's not a short walk. It totally took me back to when Grandma Marilyn and Aunt Barbara would take us all up in the summer. I so wanted to tube that creek!!! Note to self, take up tubes. - Also, I am SOOOO in favor of plowing up all that sage brush so we have easy access to the water! I was totally paranoid about tics. Not to mention the fact that it's just a trek to get there. But anyway - it was nice up there! 75 degrees, max. Way better than the 96+ here!
Grandma and Grandpa had just painted the deck, so my brilliant idea of painting rocks was not so brilliant. I just about had an anxiety attack worrying about paint exploding on the deck (yeah, you know what the altitude change does to potato chip bags??? imagine the bottles of paint when you open them...) Not a great mix. So I wrapped that up a.s.a.p.
Anyway, it was a really fun, fast trip and I'm glad we went. -even though I had to bail on girls night (sorry!!! thanks for not t.p.ing me!)
Comments