Back to the Blog




Well, hello there.












I never intended for this much time to pass between posts.  I haven't "quit".  I just.... lost my voice for a bit.  This recovery/remission/clawing out of my depression has been such an up and down thing.  The medication is helping, for sure, but I'm not quite feeling as better as I would like at this point.  So I still have days where I feel like a crazy person, days when I feel like a zombie, but also days where I feel pretty human.

Meanwhile - an entire month + has passed!  My, oh my!  Much has happened.

~ We had a trip to the cabin, during which our transmission went out.  So it was an adventure.

~ We got a kitten.

~ We had a vacation.  (on which my baby turned 8!)

California.  Disneyland.  Beach.  No big deal.

Just kidding.  It was wonderful!  We had such a great time.  The weather was perfect, the kids were great, and our brand-new transmission functioned perfectly.

~We've had doctor's appointments, school triumphs, and fall break.  New job (Bryson), birthday celebrations, and a baptism.

~Halloween has come and gone, and perhaps the biggest change of all:  John was released from the bishopric at the end of October.

How could I have possibly not been blogging about all of this??   It makes me sad that I have neglected my little space here.  It makes me realize how far I still am from myself.  But.  Perhaps I just need to take my own advice to my daughter and "fake it until I make it".

So as I try to navigate my way back to myself, I will post more thorough updates about some of these events I have listed above.  Including some fun pictures.

I am stunned every time I look at the calendar and realize that we are nearly a full week into November!  Whaaaa??  {in my best minion voice}  I am equal parts dreading and looking forward to the holidays.  I've actually managed to decorate for both Halloween and now Thanksgiving.  

For the next little bit, a lot of my days will be full of Draw Collar building.  But I will be sure to make time to elaborate a little on our most recent adventures.

To close:  I am NOT enjoying this cold weather OR how early it gets dark.  Why is it that fall is the shortest season of the year??

Comments

Marrdy said…
I love the "fake it till you make it!" I'm going to print it up and hang it in my office. I'm glad you're back. I missed stalking you!
bpaulsen said…
I wanted to tell you how beautiful you look in your pic!!! I am proud of your willingness to let time and patience work their magic. Life is full of many adventures and you are have your share of wonderful events worth noting. I love you...Mom