Ah-ha! I think I may have figured out the picture issue.
Maybe.
By george, I think I got it!
Ok... I'm getting excited now.
Yay! It worked!
So, obviously, I've gotten my Christmas decorations up... I did well and kept it relatively simple. But I couldn't get the kids on board too much about the less-is-more thing, so we had to compromise a little.
This is it. The last day of November. I've officially GOT to get it together and plan some things.
There's getting the kids to shop for our service project, for each other and for their cousins: in the first week. Ideally, I would like to be able to do one-on-one dates with them to get this done, but we'll see how it goes. We may have to double up depending on time.
We may or may not be going to Temple Square for the Christmas Devotional on Sunday night, so that would take care of going downtown to see the lights... although, then you can't really do any shopping at City Creek Mall since it's on a Sunday.
We have zoo passes, so I'd like to be able to do the zoo lights some time.
Then there are those random little parties and shopping trips and gingerbread houses and Christmas lights drives and now there are Jr. Jazz basketball games thrown into the mix. I would also really REALLY like to incorporate some random acts of kindness into my kids' Christmas season.
I read a horrible story this morning about a 14 year old boy who shot himself on the way home from school yesterday (reportedly at least partly due to bullying issues), and it made me want to get my kids to look for those who need someone to be kind to them. So, this weekend I'm going to spend some time helping them think of something we can do to spread some cheer every day. Hopefully this will end up being a major part of what we ARE as a family.
I am making a little progress here and there on the Christmas shopping front. This seriously should not be the stomach-ache inducing ordeal that it is. It is excruciatingly hard to shop for these kids as they get older and the "toys" get so much pricier! And their tastes get so much pickier. And their friends get so very spoiled... deep breath. It will all be just fine.
Overall, I'm feeling much better than I have been. I still have rough days/moments, but I'm so grateful to feel as good as I do. I'm so looking forward to this Christmas season! I think it's going to be a good one...
Comments
love you