Mother of the Year

...Or not.

Today didn't go exactly as planned.

This morning, Bryson looked at his schedule again and realized that he didn't sign up for a math class.  Dang on-line registration!  Why doesn't it have a check-off system that can catch things like this!  So I told him to go early and request a schedule change.  I dropped him off, and when I got home, realized that I had forgotten to give him any lunch money!  I had John text him to see if he had any money and the answer was "yes".  So whew.

I thought.

Mid morning, I got a text from Bryson that he was enrolled in Honors Chemistry -- NOT what he intended.  Again, curse you online registration process!!

Around lunch time, I got another text (that I didn't see until later) from Bryson saying that he actually didn't have any money with him, so...  By the time I texted him back, lunch was over.  Awesome.

I forgot to take 1st day of school pictures of everyone.

After school we headed to Target to get the required school supplies, and....  It was completely cleaned out.  What the....???  REally?  I know retailers are ahead of the game, but seriously?  No supplies left on the first day of school??  Jerks.

Megan had a great day, had friends in almost all of her classes...  So she's feeling pretty good about things.  Which is a relief after last year.

Max loves his teacher and says that all of the 4th grade teachers are nice.  So, he's happy.  He did have a moment while waiting for the bell to ring where he got a little emotional, but recovered in time to go inside.

Sophie went in and met her teacher today - she starts all-day school tomorrow!!  So, so weird!  She said the sweetest prayer tonight asking Heavenly Father to help her remember all the things she is supposed to do when she gets to school ( her teacher has a pretty set routine ) and that she will make lots of new friends (since she doesn't know that many people in her class).  So cute.  She has had her 1st day outfit planned for a week, and is so excited to wear her new clothes!  Unbelievable that this day has come.

So, no pictures.  Cuz, you know, I'm cool like that.  Just send my award in the mail.

Comments

pan x 8 said…
Hilarious!!! Honors Chemistry? I don't even like regular Chemistry! And I'm sure Bryson was cool about not eating lunch. I'm sure kids his age go without lunch all the time anyway! Oh, and I cannot believe you are a Mom without kids at home! Where did the time go?