Uncovering What's Within

Funny how a head cold can throw you off your game.  

And it's also funny how ready I am to excuse myself from working on things.  

But that must change.  

It's time to step up and start living closer to my potential.  I have been accepting so much less of myself than what I am capable of.  

I read this post today.  She said: 

{Please don’t make your intentions (or resolutions) about being “who you want to be.”

Recognize that the optimal ideal you are seeking is within yourself right this very moment.
It simply needs to be nourished and uncovered.
Less is the key to more of what you truly want.}

It just needs to be nourished and uncovered.  I love that.  I love the idea that I don't have to change.  I just need to shed some of the habits, some of the negativity and uncover the person that is inside.  By recognizing that, it suddenly changes the dynamic of my life. 

It means that I DESERVE to be better.  That making small changes in my life is not a punishment for not being enough.  But rather, making those changes is a way to honor that better version of me.

So, no more excuses.  Head cold or no, I will make those changes.  I will go for a walk.  I will track my eating.  I will plan menus and grocery lists.  I will start to organize and make my house work for me.  I will be more financially responsible.  I will nurture relationships. I will use my time more wisely.  I will read good books.  I will cultivate my relationship with my Heavenly Father. 

It sounds like a lot.  But I think that I have realistic expectations.  I don't presume to think that I am going to master these changes overnight.  But I sure can try to do my best.  Every little change adds up to great things.  

It will be fun to see what the future holds.



Comments

pan x 8 said…
Karen, this is so awesome! I love all of it! We didn't make resolutions this year because I want us (mostly me!) to feel like I've accomplished things so we are doing monthly goals and in the end ~ we'll all be doing better and acting more ourselves and fulfilling our potential. So smart!
Joshua Jensen said…
I loved the post. My favorite part was: Less is the key to more of what you truly want. I also really liked the first part of the post you linked.

Great idea, pan x 8, monthly goals - love it!