Wow. I tell you. There's nothing like a cold/flu/whatever it was hitting hard to make me appreciate my general good health!
I was starting to feel a sinus/head cold coming on midway through last week, and by Friday evening, it was bad enough for me to cancel my date with John - an unheard of event - so you know I was not feeling well.
It had moved into my chest and by Saturday, my whole body hurt like CRAZY. John had to work Saturday, so I HAD to take the boys' to their games, but when I got home from that, I crawled into bed and did not emerge until Sunday morning.
It's been a really long time since being sick knocked me completely flat. I can usually push through it, and do what needs doing, but this one really got me. I'm thankfully feeling better enough that I can get out of bed and do some things, but I think I overdid a little, so I need to back off just a hair. I'm just hoping to be fully recovered before we leave on Sunday.
But all of this has really has made me reflect on how grateful I am that I don't suffer from chronic illness. And I definitely have a greater sympathy for those who do.
Our bodies are such a miraculous creation! It is amazing how they function -
My body definitely deserves to be cared for better. Because if I don't, chronic illness is what I will wind up with.
Something to think about, for sure...
I was starting to feel a sinus/head cold coming on midway through last week, and by Friday evening, it was bad enough for me to cancel my date with John - an unheard of event - so you know I was not feeling well.
It had moved into my chest and by Saturday, my whole body hurt like CRAZY. John had to work Saturday, so I HAD to take the boys' to their games, but when I got home from that, I crawled into bed and did not emerge until Sunday morning.
It's been a really long time since being sick knocked me completely flat. I can usually push through it, and do what needs doing, but this one really got me. I'm thankfully feeling better enough that I can get out of bed and do some things, but I think I overdid a little, so I need to back off just a hair. I'm just hoping to be fully recovered before we leave on Sunday.
But all of this has really has made me reflect on how grateful I am that I don't suffer from chronic illness. And I definitely have a greater sympathy for those who do.
Our bodies are such a miraculous creation! It is amazing how they function -
My body definitely deserves to be cared for better. Because if I don't, chronic illness is what I will wind up with.
Something to think about, for sure...
Comments
Glad you are feeling a little better!