A Project Reveal (and a little something extra)

This is a project that I am really excited about.  I'm only a little sad that the pictures don't really do it justice.  The pages just kind of blend into my cream-colored walls.  I hope to snag a few pictures when it's hung in the dance studio.
A friend of mine (who is good friends with the woman I made the music wreath for) saw it and wanted me to do something with her pointe shoes that she had saved.  

I did a slightly different version of a book wreath than what I have done before, basically rolling the paper into a pointed cylinder and then folded it in half before attaching it to a wire wreath form.  The back of this wreath is really ugly, and if I was more professional, I would have prettied it up - but as it was, I used some cardboard to support the weight of the shoes, and wound the ribbon ties through the paper.  It needed a little something extra, so I then glued pearl beads along the ribbons to finish it off.


My friend loved it, and I'm so relieved.  I can't wait to see it in the space!

Last night, while John was gone with the kids, I took down everything in my living room and re-did it.  I'm not ready for fall decorations, but I needed a little change.  (Big surprise, I know...)


Since we're in back to school mode, I decided to use my book wreath over my mantel.  The pictures surrounding it have been used a lot, but one had fallen and popped out of it's frame.  I kind of liked the look, so I took the others out of their frames as well.  I've had the candlesticks forever, but NEVER have pillar candles.  I can never seem to justify the price of simple candles...  but I found some on clearance at Khol's, so I can finally use the candlesticks without feeling silly about not having candles on top.  The overall look is clean and simple.  Just enough to tide me over to fall...


I layered a couple of mirrors in the fireplace, and set my book pears in front.


I wasn't quite ready to get rid of my beach decorations, so they were just rearranged and tucked into a little corner of the room.

The piano is still simply decorated.  But I wiped it down with the orange oil pledge, and love how it brought out the luster of the wood.  Having this piano still makes me so happy.  I love being able to sit and pretend like I really know how to play!  


So, thanks for bearing with me while I indulge yet another mantel/room  makeover.  It hasn't quite satisfied my  restlessness, but it'll do for now.

Comments

Liz said…
Totally, completely love it. I just have to find the perfect spot in the studio. You are so crazy talented! Thanks for doing this for me.
It turned out stunningly gorgeous! I love the addition of the pearl- it's exactly what it needed.
Love the mantel too. :)
Cindy said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that wreath!!! You are AMAZING!!! I know I have thrown it out there before that I want you to come put my house together....but I really do want you to put my house together! Some day we will find the time:)))
Monika said…
LOVE IT! And, the first thing anyone comments on now when they walk in my studio is your wreath. They can't believe I know someone who could make something so beautiful!
Joshua Jensen said…
I love all the versions of the wreath! The piano looks gorgeous polished! I love the simplicity of the mantel too.

One more month and you can help me make my new house homely. I'm so afraid it's going to feel so bare and bland.
Liz said…
Put it up in the studio and it is stunning. Right on the center of the big wall. Come see!
pan x 8 said…
Stunning... I really am going to need your help at my house. Soon.