There is a quote I found on a blog that I printed and framed.
It says "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." -frederick keonig
I absolutely LOVE this. I have it in my living room, and every time I pass it, I read it.
These words are helping me to find contentment. I am slowly beginning to alter my list of things we need/want/covet so that it reflects real needs and not so much wants. I appreciate the words of our bishop today who spoke about a list of things he is grateful for that took both sides 2 columns each of a sheet of paper, and could have been more. I have been meaning to start my own gratitude list and that little reminder is a good push in that direction. So you may have to bear with me a little as some of my upcoming posts may be reflective of this attempt to be more aware and grateful for the blessings in my life.
It's a beautiful life.
It says "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." -frederick keonig
I absolutely LOVE this. I have it in my living room, and every time I pass it, I read it.
These words are helping me to find contentment. I am slowly beginning to alter my list of things we need/want/covet so that it reflects real needs and not so much wants. I appreciate the words of our bishop today who spoke about a list of things he is grateful for that took both sides 2 columns each of a sheet of paper, and could have been more. I have been meaning to start my own gratitude list and that little reminder is a good push in that direction. So you may have to bear with me a little as some of my upcoming posts may be reflective of this attempt to be more aware and grateful for the blessings in my life.
It's a beautiful life.
Comments
ummm.. totally cute frame!
fhew! That was a lot of rambling :)