Baby Steps

I just thought I'd update on the progress of my office.  I have actually been a little conflicted about really doing the office first.  I mean, when the kids are sleeping on mattresses on the floor, and have little to no organizational tools in their rooms, how can I justify spending any kind of money on a room that is a non-essential?  So I haven't spent any money in here yet.  But what I have done is clean out the armoir in my bedroom and put all of MY crafting tools and supplies in there.  (the kids's stuff still lives in the office)  And I moved out one of the bookcases from the office down to the girls' room.  I shredded a bunch of junk, tidied away other junk, and basically re-Tetrisized the closet.  The biggest problem with that is that any time I need something, the whole system must be dismantled and re-done.  But it'll have to do until I can save up and buy the system(s) that I want to get it working better for me.  I want a desk, the cubby bookcase from Ikea, and lots and lots of pretty boxes and baskets...  For now though, here's the progress I've made so far:

I know it doesn't look like much difference, but trust me.  See that nearly empty shelf?  And the zhuzhu pet habitat will be relocated to the bedroom soon... 
check it out!  you can see tabletop.  And no diet coke.  yet.


And when I went to upload these pictures from the camera, I found these...  


remember this project from a couple of posts ago?  Well, apparently she got the other camera out and embellished...














I gotta keep the camera away from this girl!
happy wednesday, all!

Comments

pan x 8 said…
You are a doll Sophie!!