Sisters

There's something about sisters.

When I was growing up, I did NOT like my sister. She was always so good. She was tidy to my messy. Peacemaker to my stir-things-upness. Smart to my lazy. Sweet to my sassy. And to punish her for her goodness, I was not nice to her.

My youngest sister didn't directly impact my life growing up - in that she didn't get me in trouble with her inability to lie. So I was nicer to her. She wrote me sweet letters when I went to Snow. And she cried when I got married.

I acquired more sisters through marriage. I am grateful that they accepted me as a sister, and I never felt out of place with them.

And still more sisters joined my family as they married my brothers. After my last miscarriage, they came to my home while I was in the hospital and cleaned my home. It was such an expression of love, and I will treasure that service always.

Sisters can be best friends or bitterest enemies. It can be such a complicated relationship. I am so grateful and blessed to be at a place with my sisters where I receive so much love and strength. Perfect? Not always. But when it comes down to it, my sisters have got my back! And hopefully they know I've got theirs too.



p.s. This week my sister Amy is running a sale on her large tote bags (like my green bag I use at church)! Visit her blog to see what cute fabrics she has available!

Comments

Linds said…
thanks! I feel the same way. love ya.
pan x 8 said…
I couldn't have put it any better than you have! I absolutely adore you and your relationships with your sisters!
I was laughing so hard, especially the part about my inability to lie. I am so thankful we have come to this place. You are my bestest girlfriend, my sounding board and my hero. And there are six of us- how luck are we?