I really hated my last post. It sounded trite and completely pointless. Plus, I couldn't really think of anything new to blog about to replace it. So sorry.
sigh.
Today I have to go to Wal-Mart. I have to pick up 45 clipboards for my Relief Society Meeting tomorrow night. I'm very surprised that we had such a large response to these decoupaged clipboards. I'm glad that we'll have such a great turnout.
It's always nerve-wracking to be "in charge" of planning and carrying off activities/meetings like this. You just don't want people to feel like their time was wasted.

I'm excited about the topic though. Seeing how it's groundhog's day tomorrow, we are tackling the chores that we have to do day after day after day, and learning about simple routines we can set up in our homes to make the most of our time and energy. We'll also be having a few people present their ideas for getting your kids to help out around the house as well (i.e. reward systems, etc).
Overall, I'm very excited about this topic because keeping a tidy home IS important, and it DOES make a difference in the type of spirit that is in our homes. And for the times we live in, I feel strongly that it is important to provide a place of refuge and peace for our families and for anyone who enters our homes, because there isn't a whole lot of peace and safety anywhere else.
And getting your kids to work - another issue for me. I am afraid that I waited too long. I have not been very good at all about teaching my kids how to work. And I am so sad about it. I feel like on a very basic level, I have failed them. (and not that it's too late, and there is no hope - i know that. it's just that it would have been so much easier to start when they weren't so good at getting out of things...)
So needless to say, this is a topic that I feel pretty passionate about in theory, but I need some help in the execution. It will be fun to get some ideas tomorrow.
And YAY!! It's February!!!!!
Cheers!
sigh.
Today I have to go to Wal-Mart. I have to pick up 45 clipboards for my Relief Society Meeting tomorrow night. I'm very surprised that we had such a large response to these decoupaged clipboards. I'm glad that we'll have such a great turnout.
It's always nerve-wracking to be "in charge" of planning and carrying off activities/meetings like this. You just don't want people to feel like their time was wasted.
I'm excited about the topic though. Seeing how it's groundhog's day tomorrow, we are tackling the chores that we have to do day after day after day, and learning about simple routines we can set up in our homes to make the most of our time and energy. We'll also be having a few people present their ideas for getting your kids to help out around the house as well (i.e. reward systems, etc).
Overall, I'm very excited about this topic because keeping a tidy home IS important, and it DOES make a difference in the type of spirit that is in our homes. And for the times we live in, I feel strongly that it is important to provide a place of refuge and peace for our families and for anyone who enters our homes, because there isn't a whole lot of peace and safety anywhere else.
And getting your kids to work - another issue for me. I am afraid that I waited too long. I have not been very good at all about teaching my kids how to work. And I am so sad about it. I feel like on a very basic level, I have failed them. (and not that it's too late, and there is no hope - i know that. it's just that it would have been so much easier to start when they weren't so good at getting out of things...)
So needless to say, this is a topic that I feel pretty passionate about in theory, but I need some help in the execution. It will be fun to get some ideas tomorrow.
And YAY!! It's February!!!!!
Cheers!
Comments
btw, I loved your last post! I'm feelin' ya!