So, this week we had our bulk clean-up day, so there were piles of trash/treasures around. One day after dropping the carpool kids off, I spotted 2 tables in a pile. LOVED the scale and style. So I stopped the car, and started loading the tables. Max was pretty worried. He kept asking me why I was stealing those tables.

They were in pretty good condition - even if the laminate tops were hideous! Of course I forgot to take real "before" pictures, but I managed to get one with a little of the laminate top showing so you can see what I started with.
So I washed and primed the heck out of them, and after changing my mind a few times on color, I ended up using some paint I already had in the garage (the color from my office and girls' room). With only one minor accident (paint in my eye...yes, really. It's one of those stories that will live in infamy along with my finger in a lamp socket story...not really going there, though.), I got them all painted.

Then I sealed the heck out of them (fyi, do not use the foam roller with the clear poly. it creates an even coat of bubbles on your surface - which you then have to go over with a brush anyway).
We brought them in this morning. I am really happy with the results. (other than the horrible lighting. anyone have some recessed lighting laying around?)

*-sorry for all the parenthesis. (i just can't seem to help myself)
close up of laminate
They were in pretty good condition - even if the laminate tops were hideous! Of course I forgot to take real "before" pictures, but I managed to get one with a little of the laminate top showing so you can see what I started with.
So I washed and primed the heck out of them, and after changing my mind a few times on color, I ended up using some paint I already had in the garage (the color from my office and girls' room). With only one minor accident (paint in my eye...yes, really. It's one of those stories that will live in infamy along with my finger in a lamp socket story...not really going there, though.), I got them all painted.
after - painted
Then I sealed the heck out of them (fyi, do not use the foam roller with the clear poly. it creates an even coat of bubbles on your surface - which you then have to go over with a brush anyway).
We brought them in this morning. I am really happy with the results. (other than the horrible lighting. anyone have some recessed lighting laying around?)
done & in place
*-sorry for all the parenthesis. (i just can't seem to help myself)
Comments