Field Trip Woes

I'm sorry, but does it make me a bad mom if I detest field trips?

I love my son, but I do not like being placed in charge of random kids (who may or may not be total brats) and being responsible to make sure they get back to their bus alive (and uninjured if possible)... especially when there is no real schedule and a ton of random things to choose from to be doing?

Ugh. The field trip today was to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point.

I was placed in charge of 5 boys.



It was not fun. For me, that is. They had a blast.

I am glad it's over. Although the headache lingers...

At least the weather was spectacular.

Comments

the green's said…
YOu are a good mom to go. I missed that field trip and to be honest I was ok with that. I have a hard time with field trips, do you trust other parents with your kids or do you go?
pan x 8 said…
I SO know how you feel and I'm giving you a "WOOT WOOT" for going. I TOTALLY feel the same way you do, but I still go... again that thing with overcompensating... ughh.. Cornbellys is hard because it's kind of a whatever you feel like doing thing... good for you and you will always have this memory and so will Max!! ;p

BTW, you are a great Mom for doing something for your kiddo even though it's something you detest!! AND you looked great today!!
Emily K. said…
What a good mom, I know that was hard. Field trips stink, but I figure I'm getting to know the kids my kid is hanging out with (and i can weed out the brats).
Cindy said…
I think it makes you an AWESOME mom that even though you DETEST field trips you still bite the bullet and go anyway! I always work myself up about them and then end up having a decent time anyway....notice the word decent not wonderful!

Glad they had a great time....glad you survived! Now go get a diet coke.....he he he!
Monika said…
I still have yet to go on a field trip -- maybe when my little ones are bigger. I am SURE Max was thrilled to have you there! You are a braver woman than I am -- FOR SURE!