So, for whatever reason, John is a little bugged that I haven't updated my blog in the past week. So - here's an update.
Last Saturday night John left to go to upstate New York for a dealer show that one of our distributors was having. He was able to get there without incident, and since he had a little time before he could check in to his hotel, he drove to Palmyra. It was raining, so he was basically all alone Sunday morning at the Sacred Grove. The pictures are beautiful.

Meanwhile, back at home, Bryson had prayed on Sat. night before John left that my back would be okay while he was gone - and Sunday morning, I woke up and was practically pain free. I could get out of bed without sliding my legs over and pooling myself onto the floor - I sneezed a full sneeze and it didn't make me want to swear - and for most of the day I was more comfortable than I had been in quite some time. A little miracle, just for me.
Unfortunately, it didn't last. The pain has returned - although not to the same degree and not with the same frequency. Hopefully I have turned a corner and will finally start getting better and better every day. Especially because I am MUCH more fun when I am not in pain - just ask my kids...
Okay let's see. On Monday I took the kids to Ice Age 3. It was cute, and the kids had a good time chomping popcorn and enjoying their drinks.
Tuesday we spent the day at Amy's house just playing. And we got the news that John's flight was all messed up and he wouldn't be able to get home until Wednesday. DRAMA! It was a frustrating day for John and our sweet resident travel agent, Brianna. So long story way short, John spent about 24 hours in airports and finally made it home Wed. at 9 a.m. We picked him up at the airport and ran him straight to work, and then right after work he had bishopric stuff - so a very VERY long day for that guy. I am SO glad to have him home, and I am SO looking forward to a date this weekend...
Which I think brings us to yesterday - we spent part of the day at Draper Park with my sisters and sisters-in-law and all of their kids. It was really fun to just hang out, and hopefully we'll continue to do that on a fairly regular basis.
Oh my gosh, this is the most boring post ever. But I guess one thing it does show is that I am making good on my goal to have a bit more fun and enjoy the few weeks of summer that are left.
So John, hope this suffices for now. I wish I had some deep thoughts or something really interesting to post, but... maybe later.
Last Saturday night John left to go to upstate New York for a dealer show that one of our distributors was having. He was able to get there without incident, and since he had a little time before he could check in to his hotel, he drove to Palmyra. It was raining, so he was basically all alone Sunday morning at the Sacred Grove. The pictures are beautiful.
Meanwhile, back at home, Bryson had prayed on Sat. night before John left that my back would be okay while he was gone - and Sunday morning, I woke up and was practically pain free. I could get out of bed without sliding my legs over and pooling myself onto the floor - I sneezed a full sneeze and it didn't make me want to swear - and for most of the day I was more comfortable than I had been in quite some time. A little miracle, just for me.
Unfortunately, it didn't last. The pain has returned - although not to the same degree and not with the same frequency. Hopefully I have turned a corner and will finally start getting better and better every day. Especially because I am MUCH more fun when I am not in pain - just ask my kids...
Okay let's see. On Monday I took the kids to Ice Age 3. It was cute, and the kids had a good time chomping popcorn and enjoying their drinks.
Tuesday we spent the day at Amy's house just playing. And we got the news that John's flight was all messed up and he wouldn't be able to get home until Wednesday. DRAMA! It was a frustrating day for John and our sweet resident travel agent, Brianna. So long story way short, John spent about 24 hours in airports and finally made it home Wed. at 9 a.m. We picked him up at the airport and ran him straight to work, and then right after work he had bishopric stuff - so a very VERY long day for that guy. I am SO glad to have him home, and I am SO looking forward to a date this weekend...
Which I think brings us to yesterday - we spent part of the day at Draper Park with my sisters and sisters-in-law and all of their kids. It was really fun to just hang out, and hopefully we'll continue to do that on a fairly regular basis.
Oh my gosh, this is the most boring post ever. But I guess one thing it does show is that I am making good on my goal to have a bit more fun and enjoy the few weeks of summer that are left.
So John, hope this suffices for now. I wish I had some deep thoughts or something really interesting to post, but... maybe later.
Comments
Glad you are having fun! I'm extremely jealous of John and am hungering for a trip to NY.
Love that trip to the Sacred Grove - on our vacation wish list...