Well, day one has gone something like this:
10am "Mom, I'm bored."
10:15 "Mom, I'm bored, what can I do?"
10:30 "Mom, no one will play with me"
10:45 "Mom, what can I do?"
11am "Can I call a friend?"
11:15 "Mom, it's boring today"
You get the idea???
What the heck! It's a gorgeous day out, we have a trampoline and swings and scooters and balls and bikes... What do these people want from me?
Finally, a couple of friends were able to come over and play. A brother and sister. You know how sometimes when your kids have friends come over, they will be distracted and just play happily??? Yeah, didn't happen. This brother and sister seem to have the same disability as my children. They couldn't get along much better than my own. LOTS of fun.
Friends went home around 3 and suddenly it was:
"Mom can I call ______?"
"Mom, I'm bored."
"Can we go..."
"I want to do a sleepover"
"There's nothing to do!"
I can't win.
Did I mention it's just day 1?
10am "Mom, I'm bored."
10:15 "Mom, I'm bored, what can I do?"
10:30 "Mom, no one will play with me"
10:45 "Mom, what can I do?"
11am "Can I call a friend?"
11:15 "Mom, it's boring today"
You get the idea???
What the heck! It's a gorgeous day out, we have a trampoline and swings and scooters and balls and bikes... What do these people want from me?
Finally, a couple of friends were able to come over and play. A brother and sister. You know how sometimes when your kids have friends come over, they will be distracted and just play happily??? Yeah, didn't happen. This brother and sister seem to have the same disability as my children. They couldn't get along much better than my own. LOTS of fun.
Friends went home around 3 and suddenly it was:
"Mom can I call ______?"
"Mom, I'm bored."
"Can we go..."
"I want to do a sleepover"
"There's nothing to do!"
I can't win.
Did I mention it's just day 1?
Comments