Suite Night, Sweet Life

Tonight we enjoyed a great night with wonderful old friends at the Jazz game in one of the suites. We had a great time reconnecting, and catching up on life. Quite a game. I was visiting with my friend and not paying much attention to the game (they were up by nearly 20 points) and suddenly I realized the Jazz were only up by 5! That team... I swear they can lose a huge lead faster than any team out there! Luckily, they managed to wake up and ended up winning. But the best part was just being with fun friends.

John and Derek have been friends since their mission, and we had fun dreaming of a return trip to France on the 20th anniversary of their return. So, in 4 years, we're off! It's totally going to happen... You're jealous, I know.

I love my life. Even the hard parts. Because I know they are the price to pay for the great parts.

There are things about being a mother that are horrible! Injuries, illness, poop, puke, fighting, fits...

But there are also things about being a mother that are wonderful... Listening to your preteens have a genuine conversation. Hearing your younger ones laughing those gut-busting belly laughs. Having a 12 year old (no more paying sitters, yay!!!). hugs. kisses. "i love you's". Yum. I love it!

There are things about being married that are hard. Sacrificing "your way" on a lot of stuff. Bad habits, unfinished projects, financial worries...

But then there are the things that so more than make up for it! Loving texts for no reason at all. Messages left in the mirror for me to find after a hot shower. Diet Coke anytime, day or night. Laughing every single day. Date nights. Knowing that even if I never lost a pound, he still thinks I'm beautiful. It is SO good. Eternity is NOT long enough.

There are things about life that are hard. But they only make the amazing things that much sweeter.




So you know what? I'll take it.

Comments

Emily K. said…
You're so right about life. The good makes up for all the bad.
I'm just starting the glimps of pre-teen talks and I love it!
Cindy said…
So suite and sweet! It is such a happy day when you can see the good even in the not so good. Knowing that good times are around the corner help soooooo much...even if you don't know how far the corner really is.
Linds said…
your best post ever! Thanks for the lift...
Marrdy said…
What a great post. It is so nice to think about all those wonderful things in life. AND I am so JEALOUS of that Jazz game...even if they almost lost!