Back in the Saddle...er, Running Shoes


So, last November I ran/walked the Turkey Trot 5k, and that was the last time I laced on the running shoes.

Until today. (ok, technically Friday I wore them, but we just walked...)

Today I completed Day 1 of Week 3 of the Couch to 5K running program (we jumped ahead so we could run the Race for the Cure). It's not much to boast of, but for the first day back, not bad! My sciatic nerve served as my new running mantra "stupid sciatica, stupid sciatica". Not the most inspiring mantra, but it got me through the running bursts. Now if only the pain would just go away already!!!
****

John is preparing to launch his Draw Collar into the world this week. I'll have a link soon to the YouTube video that he's made (with the help of an old high school buddy - THANKS MIKE!!!).


It has been amazing to see all of the pieces come together in getting it all ready for this industry trade show. He's entered for an award, so keep your fingers crossed, y'all! (we'll take prayers, too)

Comments

Emily K. said…
AWESOME! I'm getting so excited!
And yay for John and his invention. Of course we'll have you ALL in our prayers!
Natalie said…
I think the Turkey Trot might have been my last run too....can you email me a copy of the program you are following? It is almost swimsuit season and desperate times call for desperate measures!! Great job and thanks for helping to get me motivated.
Annalyn said…
Good Job! Is someone doing it with you! It's been so nice lately - great motivation!
Liz said…
YAY for running!! It gets easier! I hope John's show goes well!!