Thanksgiving Recap


Not a very P.C. picture, I know.
Max had fun at his pow wow at school on Monday. Totally got us in the Thanksgiving mood.






Thanksgiving was great this year. I completed my first 5K (running quite a bit of it!). I was proud of myself that I actually set and met a goal. Ridiculous that it's that big of deal to me, but I have a tendency to let myself give up waaaaaaaay too often.

Then I came home and we cleaned up the house so it's ready to put up Christmas decorations tomorrow. - After Bryson's games...
So excited!

And THEN, we had to prepare the stuffing (Thanks Alysha for the recipe! It was a hit.) and green bean casserole for dinner, and get to John's family for dinner by 1.

We had a GREAT time out there. Tons of food and retelling of the same stories - although this year there was a new story that I'm sure will live on in LaMunyon lore.

Then cute grandma Joanie pulled out the gingerbread houses for the kids to make. Quite a project. The kids (& grownups) had lots of fun decorating and eating ourselves sick on all of the candy and icing. The end results ended up really cute. A little overdone, but it's hard to get your kids to understand the concept of "less is more" when they're faced with bowls full of candy decor...


So much to be grateful for in our lives. So much love and laughter. So very many blessings.

We're so excited to now turn our thoughts to Christmas and the (hopefully) magical season that it is...

Comments

Emily K. said…
You guys sure know how to make it a holiday! I'm always amazed by your awesomeness, thanks for getting me motivated to run - we rock!
Annalyn said…
Karen - way to go!! I went to my SIL spinning class the morning of Thanksgiving - it felt great too!! Looks like you all had a fun day...and what a fun tradition to do your gingerbread houses on Thanksgiving!!
Liz said…
I am so proud of you!!! Running a 5k is HUGE! Good for you!!!

I'm glad to hear your holiday was fabulous...we miss you guys!
Alysha said…
You are awesome! Way to go on the 5K! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. See you soon.
Cindy said…
Congrats on the 5K...maybe I'll join you next year....this is the third time I've posted the same comment...so maybe that can be my motivation...if everyone else knows maybe I'll do it!