Zoo-rific Day!



This fall has been spectacular! Unfortunately, I am not a super-fun, spontaneous, get-out-and-make-the-most-of-it type of mom. So, today, with less pleasant weather on the horizon, and a zoo pass about to expire, I decided to take the kids to the zoo. They almost didn't believe me when I told them. Poor kids. So, we recruited their grandma to come with us, and headed out.

It has been a REALLY long time since I had such a great visit at the zoo. Perfect weather, not crowded AT ALL, kids that for the most part behaved very well... We had a really good time, and I'm glad we went.

Some days, and on so many levels, I can totally relate to this gorilla statue.


Bryson got his finger bit while feeding the swan.












By the way, thanks, grandpa Lynn for the trucker hats. The kids love them. A lot.

Comments

Emily K. said…
I don't think I've ever taken Patch to the zoo (slacker). What a fun trip - I forgot your kidlets were off track. Those swans can break your finger, hope Bryson's alright.
Annalyn said…
Hi Karen! I found your SIL's craft blog - and made a comment asking her about my boutique - I hope she doesn't think that is too weird! Anyway, I'd love to invite you to my blog, so I need to get an email from you! This is one of my favorite things to do - and it looks like it's one of yours to! - Erin Johanson
Liz said…
I love good ol' Hogle Zoo. We pretty much hated the Wild Animal Park in San Diego, it's too big and you don't see too many animals because it is all so spread out. I say pack 'em in there like sardines...like the Hogle Zoo, LOL!
Is it OK to laugh at Bryson getting bit by the swan?? I have a faint memory of sometime in my childhood being chased by geese and they were trying to bite me...and everytime I think of it I die laughing! Poor little man!