So, I'm a total blogger moron. I'm trying to do a new background, and am not having a ton of success. Oh well, this'll have to do for now.
Friday. Ahh joy. Date night tonight! We have to go shopping for Sophie's birthday (coming on Sun.)! I just can't wait to have a little break from demanding kids.
So, Max is doing so great in Kindergarten! He's a good listener, and tries his best to follow the rules. Apparently his class has "lost recess" the past few days because they won't be quiet. So I asked him if he talks. He says "No mom. I just have my arms folded and be quiet. I never get warnings." What a good boy! (his teacher confirmed this behavior on the phone - so I don't even have to just take his word for it.) Anyway - we have learned that he is VERY much a visual learner, and does his best work when he is shown exactly what to do. Good to know. It would be nice if he could just hear instructions and just "get it", but that's okay. We all have our learning styles.
Bryson and Megan are doing great as well. Bryson's class has a blog, and within that, they each have their own blogs. Interesting, huh? Megan is speeding through the last Harry Potter, and has tested (AR) on the ones that she has already finished this year - and has accomplished 100% of her AR goal for the year already! I'm dying because in about 3 weeks, they go off track. SO not ready for that. Bryson was recruited to be on a Super League basketball team, so he has been practicing 2 times per week, and will have their first tournament in 1 week. He's loving it, and I hope that it helps him develop his skill and his competitive fire. Megan is doing dance again this year - jazz this time - but Liz did a couple of weeks of hip hop, and Megan REALLY liked that. She thinks it would be fun if there was a class that was JUST hip hop.
Well, life goes on and on, and I'm doing my best to just enjoy the ride!
Friday. Ahh joy. Date night tonight! We have to go shopping for Sophie's birthday (coming on Sun.)! I just can't wait to have a little break from demanding kids.
So, Max is doing so great in Kindergarten! He's a good listener, and tries his best to follow the rules. Apparently his class has "lost recess" the past few days because they won't be quiet. So I asked him if he talks. He says "No mom. I just have my arms folded and be quiet. I never get warnings." What a good boy! (his teacher confirmed this behavior on the phone - so I don't even have to just take his word for it.) Anyway - we have learned that he is VERY much a visual learner, and does his best work when he is shown exactly what to do. Good to know. It would be nice if he could just hear instructions and just "get it", but that's okay. We all have our learning styles.
Bryson and Megan are doing great as well. Bryson's class has a blog, and within that, they each have their own blogs. Interesting, huh? Megan is speeding through the last Harry Potter, and has tested (AR) on the ones that she has already finished this year - and has accomplished 100% of her AR goal for the year already! I'm dying because in about 3 weeks, they go off track. SO not ready for that. Bryson was recruited to be on a Super League basketball team, so he has been practicing 2 times per week, and will have their first tournament in 1 week. He's loving it, and I hope that it helps him develop his skill and his competitive fire. Megan is doing dance again this year - jazz this time - but Liz did a couple of weeks of hip hop, and Megan REALLY liked that. She thinks it would be fun if there was a class that was JUST hip hop.
Well, life goes on and on, and I'm doing my best to just enjoy the ride!
Comments