
So John got home safe and sound from his week-long fishing trip to Ketchikan, Alaska. He was able to go up with my dad and brothers and brother-in-law. Thanks Liz and Rod!!! You guys are awesome! He had such a great time! He got right into the spirit of the week and even managed to sabotage my dad by missing his big fish and causing the rod to break (sorry dad!) Dad tried to play it like he didn't really care, but they all saw his jaw twitching...
Anyway, John caught tons of fish, so if anyone wants some fresh salmon or halibut, you know where to come. We are NOT a big fish-eating family. Seriously, John caught a 65 pound halibut and many, many salmon (salmons?)... They ended up with a total of 200 pounds of fish to bring home. CRAZY...

So we survived our week without John, and it ended up being not horrible. It was not fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. We killed time by doing some school shopping, hanging out with Amy, and playing with friends... and THANK GOODNESS for girls nights!!! Thanks Uncle Mat for babysitting!
I think I need to send John away for a week more often... Since he's been back, he's made me feel like a total hottie! I guess compared to ugly fish and smelly men, I look pretty good! Oh well, I'll take it!
Comments